Here's our top ten Van Gogh quotes picks:
10. "Painting is a faith, and it imposes the duty to disregard public opinion."
9. "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."
8. "I often think that the night is more alive and more richly coloured than the day."
7. "Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul."
6. "It is not the language of painters but the language of nature which one should listen to, the feeling for the things themselves, for reality is more important than the feeling for pictures."
5. "The way to know life is to love many things."
4. "I see drawings and pictures in the poorest of huts and the dirtiest of corners."
3. "What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?"
2. "In spite of everything I shall rise again: I will take up my pencil, which I have forsaken in my great discouragement, and I will go on with my drawing."
1. "I dream of painting and then I paint my dream."
What are your favourite quotes from Van Gogh? Be sure to check out Van Gogh and the Seasons at the International National Gallery of Victoria running till the 9th of July.
For more of the quotes and more seen here, check out BrainyQuote.